The Andrei Stenin Global Push Photograph Contest was set up on December 22, 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya beneath the patronage of the Russian Federation’s Commission for UNESCO. The Stenin Contest is the only opposition in Russia that discovers new names in global photojournalism and develops excellent criteria for documentary pictures. The contest is aimed at supporting youthful photograph journalists aged 18 to 33 in their striving for top rated professionalism.
The contest was introduced in memory of Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist Andrei Stenin, who died when on assignment in August 2014.
The contest presents young image journalists an chance to make their fears recognised. The principal themes of the contest involve world-wide humanitarian issues, nationwide id, social equality and the setting. The variety of contest members and the international locations they come from has been expanding each and every year. The contest alone is gaining reputation also thanks to the exhibitions of the winning entries, which have turn into an integral part of the event. They have been held in dozens of nations, including China, South Africa, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Lebanon, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Poland.
In 2021 around 4,500 entries from 70 nations around the world were being submitted.
The once-a-year application period of time starts on stenincontest.ru|stenincontest.com on December 22, the birthday of Andrei Stenin. The entries will be approved on the contest’s site right until February 28, 2022 in Russian, English and Chinese.
- Best News – a single image graphic/series of images
- Sports activities – one particular photograph picture/collection of pictures
- My World – just one photograph graphic/sequence of images
- A Hero of Our Time – one particular image impression/series of illustrations or photos
- Subject matter: Any
- Taking part nations around the world: Any
- Payment: None
– Grand Prix – RUB 700,000 (seven hundred thousand)/about USD 9,500.
– Initially Put for a person photo graphic/sequence of images in every single group – RUB 125,000 (just one hundred and twenty-5 thousand)/about USD 1700.
– Second Put for just one picture image/collection of illustrations or photos in each group – RUB 100,000 (a single hundred thousand)/about USD 1360.
– Third Spot for 1 image graphic/collection of pictures in every category – RUB 75,000 (seventy-5 thousand)/about USD 1000.
Contest Sponsors may possibly also present extra prizes.
The 2021 intercontinental jury integrated prime photojournalists and editors from the world’s leading periodicals: Alberto Prina, the founder and coordinator of the annual Festival of Moral Photography (Festival della Fotografia Etica) held in Lodi, Italy Ruth Eichhorn, freelance Picture Editor and Curator, former Director of Images for German GEO magazine Yury Kozyrev, Russian photojournalist, Valery Melnikov, Rossiya Segodnya unique correspondent winner of numerous nationwide and global image contests Andreas Trampe, Director of photography Stern magazine Ian Landsberg, African News Agency Photograph Director.
Mental house: For the uses of this Contest, the Contest Individuals grant the Organizer the appropriate to use the Image Illustrations or photos submitted to the Contest.
Proper of use:
For the functions of this Contest, the Contest Individuals grant the Organizer the ideal to use the Photograph Visuals submitted to the Contest. Contest Participant concludes the Agreement with a Contest Organizer by accepting the Offer. Contest Participants who acknowledged the Supply grant the Organizer a non-exclusive license to use the Image Images for the purposes of the Contest by the means mentioned in the Give. The License to use the Picture Pictures is granted by the Contest Participant cost-free of demand and from the day when the Contest Participant transfers the Image Pictures to the Organizer by uploading them to the Internet site until the stop of the Contest.